Malawi

‘MK2 million ready for Njaunju tip off,’ says Malawi police

Njauju-Iss
Njauju-Iss
Killers remain at large: Fingers point at govt on Njaunju’s death 

LILONGWE (Maravi Post)–The Malawi Police Service (MPS) on Tuesday said it will give MK2 million to anyone who will give them information leading to the arrest of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director of Corporation Services Issa Njaunju murder suspects.

According to Police National Spokesperson Nicholas Gondwa, the money has been raised from K1.5 million as of last year.

Gondwa said that those with the information can just make a phone call or report to the nearest police office.

“We have now raised the money from K1.5 million to K2 million. The money will be given to anyone who will give us information that will lead to the arrest of Njaunju murder suspects,” said Gondwa.

He said “people should not be afraid to give us information. What they can do is to make a phone call or report to the nearest police office.”

Despite two people having already been arrested in connection to the development, police are further continuing with their investigation on the matter.

Some Malawians believe that Njaunju’s death links to the cashgate investigations.

Njaunju was brutally murdered and his body was thrown aside Presidential Villa along Presidential drive in the capital city’s area 44 on July 2, 2015.

His body was found with two gunshot wounds according to an autopsy report  and his official car, a Toyota Hilux D4D double cabin, was burnt down to ashes at Mtsiriza near Area 49 in the capital Lilongwe.