MZUZU-(MaraviPost)-The Malawi court on Friday found six cases for main opposition Malawi Congress Party (MCP) councilor for Chabanja ward Charles Mlongera to answer for being suspected of defiling three girls in Mzuzu City last year.
The six counts charges are abduction of three girls and defilement for three girls totaling to six counts which the councilor is expected to answer.

The development comes barely two week after the same court moved the victims to the crime scene at in Mzuzu to testify against councilor Mlongera.

The move was part of the court’s proceedings in the matter where it is alleged that Mlogera accommodated three teenage girls and thereafter took turns to defile them on the night of October 8, 2016.

The three victims narrated to the court at the scene how the suspect, who was present, drove his vehicle to the lodge in company of the girls and the actual place where he packed his car.

Mzuzu Police Station spokesperson Martin Tul Bwanali told The Maravi Post that defense counsel has registered four witnesses and since these witnesses were not readily available in court.

Bwanali said abduction and defilement of girls below sixteen years is contrary to section 136 and 138 of the Penal Code, and the case has been adjourned to Wednesday, February 1, 2017.

Currently, the suspect, Mlogera is out on court bail which was granted by Mzuzu High Court Judge Dingiswayo Madise last year.

Mlogera is allegedly to have made the three girls drunk beer at a drinking joint before booking a room at a lodge where he managed to defile each one of the girl; two aged 16 and one aged 15.

Councilor Mlogera hails from Kanjati village, Traditional Authority (T.A) Kwataine in Ntcheu district.

The Maravi Post has over one billion views since its inception in December of 2009. Viewed in over 100 countries Follow US: Twitter @maravipost Facebook Page : maravipost Instagram: maravipost    
NBS Bank Your Caring Bank