The Partnership for Making Finance Work for Africa (MFW4A) will host its virtual Annual General Assembly from 9-10 December 2020. The two-day meeting will take place during an unprecedented global economic and social environment resulting from the pervasive effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As African governments across the continent continue to address the COVID-19 pandemic and economic fallout, the current context calls for a deep reflection on the resilience of the financial sector to withstand such shocks and the role of financial sector development in supporting Africa’s post-COVID-19 recovery process.
At MFW4A, our immediate priority is to understand the current challenges and identify opportunities in order to derive lessons for more effective and efficient financial sector interventions by governments, regulators and financial institutions. This year’s theme is: Financial Sector Development in the Era of COVID-19.
Sessions over the two-day event will help us to:
- Understand pertinent challenges faced by the African financial sector in the context of the COVID-19 crisis
- Identify opportunities to derive lessons for more effective and efficient financial sector interventions by governments, regulators and financial institutions to support a post-COVID recovery
- Foster cooperation between members of the MFW4A Partnership and African financial stakeholders engaged in post-COVID recovery.
This year we welcome a stellar line-up of speakers, including:
- Elsie Addo Awadzi, Deputy Governor, Bank of Ghana
- Michael Atin-Ego, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Uganda
- Rana Badawi, Sub-Governor, Central Bank of Egypt
- Nzomo Mutuku, Chief Executive Officer, Retirement Benefits Authority
- Mohamed Kalif, Head of Financial Inclusion and Intermediation, AfDB
- Amarendra Mohan, Policy Advisor on Banking and Finance
Visit the event websitefor more details on the 2020 MFW4A Annual General Assembly
The AGA will bring together MFW4A Governing, Associate and Non-Funding Members, development partners, and various African financial sector stakeholders.