LONDON-(MaraviPost)-They sensationally quit their roles as senior royals last month, but Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly been summoned back to the UK by the Queen.
Despite reports the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are thoroughly enjoying lying low in their new Canadian adobe, it’s being claimed that the 93-year-old monarch wants them to come back to London for the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.
The Queen has reportedly ordered Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to return to the UK.
If Meghan and Harry do return, it’ll likely be one of their last official royal engagements before stepping back to become ‘financially independent’.
Last month, royal fans were left stunned when the royal couple, who married in May 2018, decided to quit the royal family and move to Canada.
Harry and Meghan step back
“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family,” Queen Elizabeth said in a statement issued by the palace, referring to the couple’s baby son.
“I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.”
The queen said she was “particularly proud” of how quickly Meghan had become one of the family.
Prince Harry’s heartfelt speech
Just two days later,Prince Harry opens up about Megxit in a candid speech , revealing he has ‘accepted’ the final deal however his wish was ‘to continue serving the Queen’.
In the unexpected speech, delivered at a dinner for the Sentebale charity in London, Harry addressed the rumours and controversy that have plagued he and his wife since the beginning of this year.
“Before I begin, I must say that I can only imagine what you may have heard or perhaps read over the last few weeks,” he began.
“So, I want you to hear the truth from me, as much as I can share – not as a Prince, or a Duke, but as Harry, the same person that many of you have watched grow up over the last 35 years – but with a clearer perspective.”
The Duke of Sussex went on to admit the eventual agreement reached was not what he was hoping for.
“Our hope was to continue to serve the Queen, the Commonwealth and my military associations, but without public funding,” he said.
“Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible. I’ve accepted this…I was born into this life, and it is a great honour to serve my country and the Queen.”