According to a statement from the Chief Secretary to the government, the Task Force is as follows.
1. Dr. John Phuka from the College of Medicine – Co-Chairperson.
2. Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development –Co-Chairperson.
3. Minister of Health – Member.
4. Minister of Disaster Management Affairs and Public Events – Member.
5. Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs –Member.
6. Minister of Information, Civic Education and Communications Technology – Member.
7. Minister of Local Government and Rural Development – Member.
8. Minister of Gender, Child Development and Community Development – Member.
9. Minister of Labour, Skills and Innovation – Member.
10. Minister of Population Planning and Social Welfare – Member.
11. Monsignor Dr. Patrick Thawale, Chairperson, Public Affairs Committee (PAC) – Member.
12. Mr. Prince Kapondamgaga, President, Malawi Confederation Chambers of Commerce, and Industry (MCCCI) – Member.
13. Honorable Lobin Lowe, M.P., Leader of Opposition – Member.
14. Senior Chief Lukwa, Chiefs Council – Member.
15. Ms. Innocencia Chirombo, Executive Director, Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) – Member.
16. Mr. George Jobe, Executive Director, Malawi Health Equity Network (MHEN) – Member.
17. Mr. Luther Mambala President, Malawi Congress of Trade Union (MCTU) – Member.
18. Rev. Patrick Semphere Chairperson, Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC) – Member.
19. Mr. Voice Mhone, Executive Director, Council for Non-Governmental Organizations in Malawi (CONGOMA) – Member.
20. Mr. Makbul Latif, Asian Business Community Covid-19 Taskforce – Member.
21. Dr. Robert Egolet, Country Director, Peking University Global Health Research, Development and Training Bureau – Member.
The appointments are with immediate effect; the statement further says the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 replaces the Special Cabinet Committee on Covid-19