Cristiano Ronaldo out of Manchester United

DOHA-(MaraviPost)-World’s celebrated football player, Cristiano Ronaldo has been kicked out of Manchester United following an explosive interview with the British broadcaster, Piers Morgan .

The club made the announcement on it’s official twitter page on Tuesday, November 22.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect.

“The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future”, reads part of the club’s statement.

Although the club’s statement didn’t immediately convey United’s dismay after the world’s top goalscorer’s unauthorized interview on the eve of the World Cup with Piers Morgan, football fanatics suspected that the sudden separation is as a result of the widely shared interview.

Less than a week ago, the 37-year-old Portuguese forward conducted an explosive interview which included some allegations against the Premier League club including that he was being forced out of the club, senior executives lacked empathy after his newborn son died in April and that the owners, the Glazer family, do not care about the club.

He also disclosed that the club’s manager, Erik ten Hag was not respecting him and he equally lacked respect for him.

“I don’t have respect for him because he doesn’t show respect for me. Some people, they don’t want me here – not only the coach but the other two or three guys. Not only this year, but last year too.

‘Honestly, I shouldn’t say that. But listen, I don’t care. People should listen to the truth. Yes, I feel betrayed,” said Ronaldo during the interview.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner also claimed that members of the United hierarchy were trying to force him out of Old Trafford and doubted him when he said he could not attend pre-season because his daughter was ill in hospital.

He also criticised the club for a lack of investment in the 13 years since he first left Old Trafford, Sky Sports News reported.

Immediately after the interview, the club disclosed that it had initiated appropriate steps in response to his Ronaldo’s comments, with the cancellation of his contract widely expected following the interview.

Currently, Ronaldo is currently in Qatar with Portugal as he aims to win a first World Cup title for his country, previously made it clear that he wanted a transfer after being reduced to a fringe member of the team this season.

He has not disclosed his next move but it is believed that he has received offers from the European side and and has been linked with moves to Chelsea, Sporting Lisbon and MLS clubs in the past.

Ronaldo rejoined United for a second spell last year but he had reportedly fallen out of favour this season under new manager Ten Hag.

The Portugal forward started his professional football career with Sporting CP in 1997 before he moved to Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson in 2003 for a reported £12.24 million fee.

In 2009, Real Madrid signed him spending a then world record £80 million, making him the most expensive signing at the time.

He scored a whopping 450 goals for Real Madrid and left the club as their all-time leading scorer.

In 2018, he joined Juventus for a reported €100 million fee before returning to Manchester United in 2021 on a two-year deal.

Throughout his career, Ronaldo has scored a whopping 674 goals and has won five Ballon d’Ors, five UEFA Champions League titles and the FIFA Men’s Player of the Year award twice (2016, 2017).

The Maravi Post has over one billion views since its inception in December of 2009. Viewed in over 100 countries Follow US: Twitter @maravipost Facebook Page : maravipost Instagram: maravipost