LILONGWE-(MaraviPost)-President Lazarus Chakwera has shaken up the cabinet with major changes by firing Finance Ministers, Sports Felix Mlusu and Ulemu Msungama respectively while demoting his trusted boy Eisenhower Mkaka from Foreign Affairs to Natural Resources.
Below is the summary of the cabinet shake up:
1ST SHAKE UP
Eisenhower Mkaka removed from Foreign Affairs and shuffled to Natural Resources. Nancy Tembo is new Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2ND SHAKE UP.
Richard Chimwendo-Banda removed from Homeland Security and shuffled to Youth and Sports. Jean Sendeza is new Minister of Homeland Security.
3RD SHAKE UP.
Gwengwe made Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs.
4TH SHAKE UP.
Timothy Mtambo taken away from Civic Education and left only with National Unity.
5TH SHAKE UP.
Jean Sendeza, Abida Mia, and Vera Kamtukule promoted from Deputy roles to full Ministers.
6TH SHAKE UP.
Chilima no longer handling Economy, and left with Public Sector Reforms
7TH SHAKE UP
- Roy Kachale
- Ulemu Msungama
- Felix Mlusu
- Kezzie Msukwa
- Rashid Gaffar
- Agnes Nkusa Nkhoma
- Chrissie Kanyasho
8TH SHAKE UP.
- Sam Kawale as Minister of Lands
- Mark Katsonga Phiri as Minister of Trade and Industry
- Albert Mbawala as Minister of Mining
- Ibrahim Matola as Minister of Energy
- Monica Chang’anamuno as Deputy Minister of Education
- Harry Mkandawire as Deputy Minister of Defence
- Deus Gumba as Deputy Minister of Lands
- Enock Phale as Deputy Minister of Health
- John Bande as Deputy Minister of Water and Sanitation
9TH SHAKE UP
Increases number of females who are full Ministers by 75%, from 4 to 7.
10TH SHAKE UP
Gives the Northern Region greater influence.