By Chisomo Phiri
BLANTYRE-(MaraviPost)-In his quest to minimize fraud and theft relating to gate takings in football matches at various stadia in the country, the Malawi National Council of Sports (MNCS) Chairperson Sunduzwayo Madise has set up a Taskforce which is mandated to investigate gate revenue fraud and theft cases and come up with a comprehensive strategy and framework of arresting the culprits.
In a brief statement which Maravi Post has in possession, Madise says once the taskforce approved by the council, its strategy and framework will become the operating guidelines for gate collections at football matches.
He says the council will also modify the taskforce’s strategy and framework so as to also be used in other sports disciplines.
According to Madise, the taskforce has 10 members from different government Departments and Ministries, ranging from media, security, sports and the local government .
- Richard Nyirongo councilor Malawi National Council of Sports- Chairperson
- The Director of Sports, Ministry of Youth and Sports
- The General Secretary of Football Association of Malawi
- The Treasurer of Super League of Malawi
- A representative from the Treasury appointed by the secretary to Treasury
- A representative from the Local Government appointed by the Principal Secretary for Local Government
- A representative from Malawi Police appointed by the Inspector General
- The stadium manager- Kamuzu stadium
- Garry Chirwa, Sports Journalist and
- The Executive Secretary of Malawi National Council of Sports- Secretary.
Meanwhile, Madise says the Taskforce will complete and submit its report to council by August 30, 2022.