Entertainment

Malawi’s Myuziki Pusha Entertainment postpones Ghetto Jam Festival due to coronavirus

2 Min Read
Biggie Lu: we want to monitor the situation on the ground

By Donata Mpochela

LILONGWE-(MaraviPost)-Myuziki Pusha Entertainment has postponed it’s much awaited Ghetto Jam Festival due to the continuation effects of Coronavirus.

Upon speaking to one of the organizer, Lumuli Mwamonde whose stage name is Biggie Lu said his team felt compelled to postpone the event because they want to monitor the situation on the ground and stay protected.

“It was not going to be workable to have Ghetto Festival as due to the knowledge about Covid-19, it is a clear indication that the disease is affecting globally and the effects are clear and all resourceful for people to be aware of the challenge,” Biggie Lu said.

Biggie Lu therefore, said the festival, whose main aim is to promote urban youths on arts and sensitize Malawi as how they can make money through music.

On the progress of preparations, the organizer said so far so good everything is going on well as they are still waiting for sponsors to come in.

Musician Tsar Leo who was to perform at the event said he wishes safety for all humans.

“I wish all humanity around the universe to because the safety the country is very important and the government of Malawi has made the right choice, we need to stay alive for the future, therefore, entertainment will always be there and I am sure the fans will understand,” Tsar Leo said   

The event which was slated to happen on April 11 at Masintha Ground was to be spiced up with different entertaining activities such as international acts, competitions and dancing.

The team has however said it will communicate on the dates of the event as the days go down.

Maravi Post Reporter

Op-Ed Columnists, Opinion contributors and one submissions are posted under this Author. In our By-lines we still give Credit to the right Author. However we stand by all reports posted by Maravi Post Reporter.